Since I grew up, it has become harder and harder to find things for my Christmas list. My mom, or grandparents, tend to start asking me around the end of November, and my mind always draws a blank. ‘Um, clothes? Money? I dunno…’ I like what I have, and there isn’t too much that I need or want. Which is good I guess? But it can be hard when all your relatives are staring at you, waiting for you to reply.
Perhaps it is so hard to think of things because the things I truly want for Christmas can’t be bought, by any average income anyway. But if I could write to Santa and ask him for something, this is the list I would give him.
- A months worth of gas in my car. Do you know how much money I would save if I didn’t have to fill my car?
- A new computer. One that doesn’t die as soon as I unplug it, or warn me about imminent death as soon as I turn it on.
- To eat anything I want during the holidays and not gain any weight. I may have had a few too many cookies…
- A walk-in closet dedicated to books. My bookshelf is overflowing, and so is the box in the closet.
- An unbreakable phone screen. My poor phone, that is all I have to say about that.
A couple of these may happen someday, a couple of them, not so much. (when will someone invent calorie free sweets that still taste good?) But hey, it is always fun to wish!